We are looking for an experienced and talented chef for our 45 cover pub restaurant and 8 rooms for accommodation.
The Old Pound Inn is a traditional village pub with a reputation for good honest food, drinks and rooms, and our friendly service.
We have regular events (quizzes, bingo and live-music nights) as well as privately catered events. We also offer a breakfast menu for room guests.
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process
- Approving and polishing dishes before they reach the customer
- Working closely with the General Manager to create new menu items, recipes and developing dishes that ensure variety, quality and profitability.
- Determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary and food safety guidelines
- Being responsible for health and safety in the kitchen.
- Being responsible for food hygiene practices
At least 3 years experience in a similar role or with relevant experience as a chef.
- Twenty days holiday per year.
- A live-in position may be available for the right candidate and is subject to negotiation.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume (PDF documents only) to - email@example.com.